Title of picture

Lake Cowichan view from our dock.

Saturday, 8 April 2017

April 4 - 7th Peace Arch RV Park

Here are some pictures with a bit of colour to remind us what spring should look like, not the gloomy dark, rainy, windy days! Below are some of Ray's picturea of the Tulip Festival in Agassiz taken 2 years ago. They did not have a festival last year and this year it has moved to Chilliwack. A little too far for a day trip for Ray, 1 1/2 hours each way and then the time walking through the fields.

Tuesday, April 4, after breakfast and coffee I drove to Dad's in Larny's car to take her for some more driving lessons. As we had to go to Canadian Tire and pick up potting soil for the greenhouse, today was parking practice. We spent about 25 minutes going round and round parking between two vehicles all over the parking lot. She was doing better by the end but backing up still causes some problems as she does not know which way to turn the steering wheel. Larny is driving better on the streets though, other than turning a little sharp on left turns too close (read over) the median lol. Her exam is on Friday so hopefully we get some more practice in before then.

Back to the coach at 1 pm. I had a major allergy attack this morning with itchy eyes, throat and plugged sinuses. Ray took pity on me and took me out for lunch at the White Spot and of course a glass of Nat Bailey Pale Ale. Once home with some more meds I was feeling ever so much better. I think the fir trees around the RV Park must be starting to release their yellow pollen which does affect me. You just cannot see the yellow yet as we have had so much rain to wash it away.

Wednesday, April 5, we woke up to heavy rain. It actually started yesterday around dinner time. Forecast is rain off and on for the next 4 days. Yuck. Did a little shopping today and Ray went to the pool for a hot tub but otherwise we stayed home.

Thursday, April 6, again a rainy day. Have to take Dad and Larny to his cardiologist appointment this afternoon in New Westminster. I will have to drive as Dad has to sit in the front seat so no practice for Larny.  I was at Dad's house at 11 to meet Larny's replacement for the month she is away, April 18th to May 19th. Hopefully Dad likes him. John seems to be a nice caring young man so I am sure it will all work out. The rain ended about 3 pm and the sun even came out for a few hours. It was nice to see.

Friday morning at 4:30 am we woke up to a heavy downpour of rain but by 6:30 it had stopped. Time to get Freya out for her walk before the forecasted heavy rain with wind begins in a few hours as the next system moves in. Too bad our friends Malc and Kath are on the Coho Ferry to Victoria this morning. I am sure it will be a rough ride. Also Steve and Dianne are scheduled to cross the border and come to Peace Arch Park for the next couple of weeks. Safe travels people. (Everyone made it to their destination before the wind, storm and rain.)

This morning I will go to Dad's and pick up Larny for her driver's test ... fingers crossed. Well ..... she failed with "a rolling stop", something she has not done the whole time we practiced. I guess she was just nervous. Now she will have to take the written test again as her learner's will expire at the end of this month and she will be in the Philippines. After our 3 hour excursion, she took her test in Abbottsord, it was back home to prepare dinner for Steve and Dianne.

My Instant Pot was a hit again with a Pork Rib Roast with cherry sauce. I sure love this new appliance. We had a lovely visit catching up as we had not seen each other since the end of January in Quartszite.

No comments:

Post a Comment