Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Friday 20 May 2022

Planting time! May 15 - 17

Sunday, rain, rain, rain. :(. I decided to make California Baja Fish Tacos with homemade tortillas for lunch instead of going anywhere as it was so ugly out. Ray appreciated it. :) Kept me busy.

Monday woke to higher clouds. Hopefully the weather is drier today. Time to plant my deck boxes as we are away for a week as of Wednesday and they are getting too straggly in their planting pots. At 9:30 I started as the sun was trying to come out. I managed to get the deck boxes done in between showers. lol Finished up in the back yard just before it started to rain. Hopefully the plants get some sun this week while we are gone. I will have to have Pat, next door, keep an eye on them if they need watering. There is too much rain in the forecast to turn on my irrigation. (PS at 2:30 the clouds opened up and it actually hailed for 5 minutes on my new plants. lol )

Ray finished putting up the protective plastic needed to keep the wind off the new plantings for the next month.


The rest of the the plants went into the pots along the edge of the lawn.




When Ray went to get the prawns last week he noticed that this plane was at the Antique Barn in Chemainus. When we went by it on our way to the Chemainus Dinner Theatre it had been assembled in their yard. Ray will have to get a "finished picture" of it next time we are up that way.



While I was busy planting, Ray finished situating his new table saw. One happy guy! With the saw brake system I don't have to worry about him cutting himself when I am not home. :)


Tuesday, woke up to sunshine ... wow, unfortunately by 8 am it had clouded over somewhat. We are to have a "November-like" storm tonight into tomorrow with big winds. Should be an interesting drive to Salmon Point RV Resort near Courtenay tomorrow. At least it is not raining today to do the pack up of the MH.. By 3:30 Ray and I were exhausted but ready to go tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. So nice that you were finally able to plant the deck plants! Late this year. They look great!

    ReplyDelete