Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Monday 9 January 2023

First week back to Quartzsite, AZ January 2 - 8

Monday morning, we woke early with our fingers crossed we could make it out of the RV park. There is a wash we must cross and it's full of water yesterday from the torrential rain. Ray drove down at first light and it's only a couple inches deep so we're good to go.

Last night pictures I took just before dark. This is the main wash we must cross.


You can see by the debris on the upper right that it actually was higher earlier in the day.


This is the other wash that apparently does not get quite as deep. Looks pretty deep to me!


With our new stairs taking up the space in the back of the car, the bikes went on the bike rack we packed with us. Unfortunately we cannot find the locking pieces to attach to the bike rack bar, so Ray tied the bikes with rope, ingenuity at its finest. lol


Now for the wash. I went through first and waited for Ray.


Here he comes!


Yeah! Made it.

Once we hooked up the car it's shortly after 9am. Highway 60/I-10 is very quiet. Nice for our drive through Phoenix. 


A little busier closer to downtown.


We stopped in Goodyear to stock up at the Walmart, as it is a larger store than the one in Parker. Wow talk about busy. Took me over 20 minutes just to get through the checkout. The whole shopping trip took 90 minutes! Back in the coach and onto I-10. Unfortunately an accident occurred that balled everything up, so another 20 minute delay before we got up to speed. Arrived in Quartzsite, fuelled up and headed to La Posa South. Found a nice spot ahead of Steve and Dianne for our months stay. Minimal set-up before we were invited to Happy Hour and then dinner with their gang at Steve and Dianne's.  Dianne served up her famous lasagna and cesaer salad. A lovely end to a stressful day. Ray's starting to feel a bit tough and started to cough after we went home. Oh oh!


Tuesday we flagged down a glass repair guy, Brian. He put in our new windshield in the MH 3 years ago and today is able to fill in a couple of cracks. I played with his 3 month old puppy while he was working on the windshield. lol This picture is deceiving as she spent a good amount of time chewing on my pants as she is teething. :)


I also managed to get Roberts Wash and Wax over to do up the rig later in the afternoon. They were able to deoxidize the roof with 4 of our panels tilted and they unscrewed the other four to get underneath. Apparently everything's green under there. Feels good to get that done. We could not set up anything until the rig is done so that's our job tomorrow.

On Wednesday Ray's so sick he stayed in bed most of the day. He tested negative twice for Covid over two days, so I suspect he has RSV, (respiratory syncytial virus) the other respiratory illness going around. Kristi caught it earlier in December as did Amelia. Ray also lost his voice. Hopefully he did not give it to anyone a couple of nights ago. No set up done today other than I went out and attached two straps to the stakes I pounded in to prevent the shelter from taking off. Ray managed to put the rugs back while I did the garbage and water run and then went back to bed. Another windy day staying inside.

It's pretty cloudy all day with gusting winds, but we had a beautiful AZ sunset last night.

Thursday morning, Ray has not improved very much, poor guy. A beautiful sunrise. Very stormy looking sky though the rest of the day.


I took off at 9:30 heading to Parker to get a few things and have my pedicure. My poor toes are hurting with ingrown nails so it's time, as I missed my appointment while home due to snow! Wanted to get it done before I get sick. Wore my mask the whole time to keep everyone else safe. Dianne had the same time slot as me and Marilyn and Debbie half an hour later. The girls went out for lunch but I came straight home as I did not want to contaminate anyone.

Dianne, Marilyn and Debbie

I got back around 2 and started a batch of chicken soup to have on hand if I'm going to be sick. Later in the evening I definitely am getting sick with a sore throat and headache. Hopefully I don't get as bad as Ray.

Friday morning a few clouds. We've yet to see the sunny days here, other than the second day we arrived. Ray is finally on the mend as I start to feel sick. :(  We both were able to do a few things outside so most of our set up is now done. We sat outside in the sun for awhile soaking up the warmth. Sure is nice. Both of us still taking naps to deal with the not sleeping very well at night. Not a usual thing for us.

Saturday morning is really cold at 39F. Thank goodness for the Big Buddy Heater. I am getting worse with razor blades in my throat. Ray fortunately lost his body aches and is feeling somewhat better, he says. Good, he might have to look after me :)  Ray headed into town to the QIA craft (or is it crap) fair. Nothing much we would be interested in and returned home 30 minutes later. That little outing tuckered him out and he went for a 90 minute nap. After lunch it's my turn. Boy we are exciting people these days.

We did manage to sit outside well away from the Happy Hour group at Dianne and Steves to enjoy some company for half an hour or so. 

Sunday, Ray is finally on the upswing and had a great night's sleep. I slept pretty good and only had to get up once to take some more meds for my sore throat. Otherwise it's a "rinse and repeat" kind of day. Made Ray's morning, waffles for breakfast.

We sat outside for the afternoon and then went over to Dianne and Steve's at 4 to play their game of core crash, of couse we sat far away from everyone. It was nice to just be part of something. :)


Diannes turn.

Jerry and Debbie, Debbie, Dianne, Steve and Marilyn (Gary and Colan missing)

Jim

Goodnight Quartzsite!






3 comments:

  1. I bet it is good to be back down there! With all that rain the reservoirs must be filling up, but I have not seen anyone talk about them. Do you know if they are filling up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are on the mend now to relax and enjoy your month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to be out of the snow from home and the rain at QV! Enjoy the sun and warmth. Hope you both feel 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete