Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Monday 8 May 2023

May is here! Planting time and getting ready for Lake time! May 1 - 7th

Hard to believe May is here! We are finally getting some warmer weather. Today we spent some time tidying up after having Kristi and Amelia were here for the weekend. "De-babyfying the house". lol

I planted my cedar boxes in front of the house. What a lovely day. Too early to plant the tomatoes and pepper plants as it still gets too cold overnight.





Tuesday I planted the rest of the planters on the deck with bedding plants. 5 planters are waiting for the peppers and tomatoes next week.

Lettuce and other veggies seeded, with some strawberry plants for Ray and Amelia.

The metal tub is Amelia's garden with peas, carrots and radish seeds planted.

Ray did a quick trip into Duncan for some items and saw this wonderful 1957 Roll Royce.



This was the warmest day yet. Once he got back from town, we spent some time down on the dock after carrying down our chairs and tables.


Wedneday, another gorgeous day. Ray helped me by filling up the pots in the yard with potting soil and  I planted them. He kept busy reseeding and fertilizing the lawn. The seed our gardener put down three weeks ago rotted I think, with all of the rain.

My side perennial garden did well over the winter.

The heather is doing great too.


Thiursday I have an appointment in Nanaimo so left early to do some shopping and pick up my baskets from Costco. I left Ray at home to putter on his projects. This is my first load lol. I did get 2 baskets for Pat next door too.



Friday my new umbrella came in, so I tried it out inside to make sure it's all intact before destroying the boxes. lol Nice to have such tall ceilings in the house. Made summer happen in the house as it's such a miserable day outside.


Today being so miserable, I spent the day in my kitchen making bread, blueberry loaf and in the afternoon got our chicken going on the Traeger. I've done turkeys, but this is my first chicken, so moist and delicious.


Saturday morning, the rain quit and the forecast is for a whole lot more sun this week. Time to get my final plants in their pots. Deck boxes done. other than Ray hooking up my micro irrigation.  


Since Roy and June took down the big tree between us, it sure opened up the view to their space. I've ordered two metal screen panels to give us both a bit of privacy but still allow the sunshine to come through for my plants.


I bought some herbs and planted them for Pat too. She's recovering from her replacement knee surgery. Here is Pat's planter. Now it's time for Darryl to pressure wash his deck lol

Sunday we were up early. A beautiful sunny day on the lake. We emptied the garage and moved the motorhome so we can launch our boat. Then of course all the stuff went back in after the empty trailer was put in lol. That took a few hours.

The launch of Kyle's Kraft.

After that, I made a fire so we could have hot dogs for lunch. We did get chased back inside though around 1 pm as some passing rainshowers came through. Nice to be outside for awhile though.


That was our week. Next week is supposed to be sunny and hot!

4 comments:

  1. Busy getting ready for summer...you place looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's a lot of work but so worth it.

      Delete
  2. It's always a big day when the boat is launched, summer is finally here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure. Steve and Dianne are coming for the May long weekend and Ray and Steve will be fishing.

    ReplyDelete