Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Monday 18 December 2023

Christmas is a commin, Christmas decorating and Amelia has a sleepover - Dec 7th - 17th

Thursday, with Sean, our gardener, helping us, we managed to get 85% of Christmas put up. We took him out for lunch at Jakes and then finished up by 3 pm. Worth paying him some money for all the ladder work that kills Ray's back and knees. 











Needless to say we were tired by the end of the day.

Friday, we headed out early to get our Covid boosters, then I went for my hair appointment. Ray finished up his Christmas Villages and garden lights. Now we are ready for company on Saturday for our neighbour appetizer party. 

Saturday morning, unfortunately, I came down with Amelia's cold :( (I stayed far away from everyone and wore a mask while prepping the food.) Everyone arrived around 6 pm and stayed until 9:30 pm. A lot of wine was drank, food eaten and we all had a lot of laughs. I stuck to tea with honey. Unfortunately the pictures I took with my phone have disappeared?? Don't know what happened.

The rest of the week and I'm not feeling well, including four days of no voice. Fortunately Ray only has a little cough instead of feeling terrible like me. 

Friday morning, Jason came and dropped Amelia off for 2 nights as Kristi and him are going to a Christmas Party. We sure had fun spending time one on one with Amelia.

Papa pushing Amelia in Big Blue

Bubble time in the loft.





We had a busy afternoon with Papa taking Amelia to the park next door and then Amelia and I went for a walk around our yard to look at the lake. The best part for me was her taking my hand and saying "I love you Grandma", talk about melting my heart.



Ice Cream with Papa


Saturday Kristi came by herself to spend the night and have her belated birthday dinner I made her. 




After lunch Kristi, Ray and Amelia went the "Duck Pond" park while I got the chicken on the barbeque rotisserie. 









Dinner turned out delicious, especially since I brined the chicken for 24 hours. Sure makes for a juicy bird.

Sunday morning after pancakes that Amelia helped me make, Kristi and Amelia headed back to Nanaimo to see Daddy. A great 2 day visit with our granddaughter. They will be back next weekend for Christmas.

With the help of Amelia and Kristi all the toys were put away in 15 minutes. Nice that she is bigger now to help.










2 comments:

  1. Your place looks great, so nice that you had help with getting it decorated.
    Looks like a great time with Amelia! She is sure getting big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been a whirlwind of activity getting everything ready and decorated. The house looks great!

    ReplyDelete