Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Friday 31 March 2017

Peace Arch RV Park Update March 26-30

Blog Warning!! As we are not travelling the blog is kind of just a day to day journal for me to remind me what I did so the whole 2 months we are here does not seem to be just a blimp in time. Most would not find this very interesting. lol :) Departure date tentatively June 1st for more travelling.

Sunday, March 26

Ray did a couple of errands, and I spent the morning/afternoon doing laundry, dishes etc. 3 pm found us up at Dad's so I could make him dinner as Sunday's are Larny's days off. I made pork ribs in my new Instant Pot. They turned out beautifully even though I had ramped down the spice rub and barbeque sauce for my Dad's taste. We were back home at 8:30 and watched some TV before turning the lights out. Our front PVR is not working properly and we have diagnosed that it is probably the transponder as after all wires tightened, on the roof and down below, exchanged the bedroom PVR for the front one ... it still has missing channels. There are 2 transponders on our dish for 2 PVR's (DVR) so I guess we will be calling Shaw Direct or a private company if Shaw won't help.


Monday, March 27

Woke up to rain again ... and apparently rain for the next few days until possibly Thursday! Oh well we have stuff to do so other than Freya tracking in a lot of mud we should be okay. The only issue we have had is that the coach settled slightly off level and we found that the rain water had come in onto the carpet in the bedroom on the passenger side. We quickly leveled and I think we got it fixed. Now to dry the carpet. :(

They have certainly had a wet winter. All of the farm fields in the area that do not have berry bushes are lakes with ducks floating on them. I think spring planting will be delayed until someone turns the tap off!

Ray's project this next week is to find out where to get the best tires for the car ... after 2 years our tires are trashed even though we were supposed to get 110,000 km on them, and we only have 57,000 km. We had our fingers crossed they would not blow before getting back to Canada so we did not have to worry about the exchange. (We ended up getting a 50% credit on the tires and will have new ones installed on Friday.)

Ray dropped me off at Dad's so Larny and I could do our bit shopping trip to Costco and Superstore. Larny still has her "L" and I had her do all the driving. I told her if she scares me and my hair turns white ... I will drive! lol :) Larny is doing much better so hopefully she will get her license before she goes on holiday for a month and my hair did not turn white!

Tuesday, March 28

Ray and I woke up to pounding rain. We have been here only a week and wow we are tired of this rain already. Poor people that stayed here through the winter. Our neighbour has water right up to his steps next door. So far we are okay with a walkable area outside our door. We have been having some water egress onto the carpet in the bedroom under the passenger slide. The coach has settled a bit with the soft ground and the rain off the topper on that side drips down onto the lower rail of the slide and sneeks through the rubber seal. We raised up that side of the coach enough to stop it twice and I put a rolled hand towel inside the rubber gasket to catch any residual drips.  Oh well I am managing to dry it all out with a small electric heater to prevent any mould problems.We will reset the level on the first dry day.

Image may contain: tree and outdoor

For dinner I tried my hand at making pork belly. We had some on a pizza in San Luis Obpisbo several weeks ago and loved the flavour so had to try it myself. It turned out pretty good. A very rich dish that you only need to eat a small amount to feel satisfied. Served it sliced on a bed of Ginger Sesame Bok Choy. Yummm. Here is a picture from google with what mine looked like before we ate it. We were too busy eating it to take a picture! lol

Image result for pork belly how to cook

It poured all night really hard and still showering when we woke up Wednesday morning. Ray has had a bad couple of days with back spasms, his leg giving out and severe pain in his tailbone area when walking.   He was too sore to even go to the hot tub.  This morning he feels somewhat better so he will go and have a hot tub at the pool down the street from my dad's while I have a short visit. I am still in cleaning mode although washing the floor is a somewhat moot point with the dog coming in and out with wet feet so I am only vaccuming and sweeping. Here is some pictures of the campsite with the added rain last night the most rainfall in one day since 1937.

Our toes are not wet yet! Just!


Anyone have a fishing rod!
Tonight I made rack of lamb with mint sauce and zucchini chips with cheese gnocci with homemade marinara sauce and crisp pork belly nuggets. (I had made the marinara sauce before crossing the border with all of the tomatoes and vegetables I had left so I did not have to throw it out.) Ray said it was all a winner. He;s been in so much pain for the past week that I try to make his day a little better tempting him with good food.


Amazingly on Thursday morning we woke up to all the puddles gone. This campsite does have pretty good drainage after all. Looking forward to cleaning up our site and putting out our rugs etc. I also have to go to Service Canada and put in my papers for CPP. The only good thing about turning 60 in July is getting a paycheck again! lol The rest of the day I spent running errands and Ray stayed at the coach as we had a plumber coming to reattach our kitchen sink. It has been dropping down and no amount of caulking was helping so the whole thing had to be taken out and redone. Apparently the guy said it had not been put in correctly from the factory as the caulking was not adhering to the counter probably because they had not cleaned the counter top first before caulking. As well, with the weight of the sink there was no strapping to help hold it up only about 8 half inch angle brackets. Not the right way to install an undermount sink. Since he was doing that I had him install 2 new sink drains as all the finish had come off. Kerry also replaced all of the plumbing under the sink as he said the stuff previously installed was very thin and "cheap". Everything now looks beautiful and new. Thanks to Brian's Plumbing. Their work is guaranteed.

Friday morning yeah still no rain with some clouds. We will head out to Dad's, I will visit while Ray goes to the pool for a hot tub. Later today we are getting new tires installed on the car.  Today is Garrett's 36th birthday. Wow hard to believe he is that old ... I guess because I am that old. lol Tomorrow the family is getting together for dinner at a restaurant in Surrey to celebrate. Kristi and Jason are coming over from the island and we will have my dad and Larny as well as Grandma Kyle for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that's a lot of water in the campground. Hope we bring better weather with us for you guys next week. Take care of that back Ray. See you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete