Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Sunday 3 March 2019

Last week of February 2019 and hopefully the last of winter.

Not a very exciting week lol!

Saturday at noon received a phone call that our blinds for the downstairs are in and would it be possible to install them later this afternoon. Well yeah! Another thing off the list.

Kitchen side windows.
Now you see the neighbours, 
and then you don't. lol
Bedroom window blinds.


Not a bad day weatherwise until 4 pm when first it rained, then it snowed, back to rain and back to snow!

In the wee hours of Sunday morning we received 2 inches of snow, so once the temps warmed up I was out using my new snowblower again. A little more work this time as the snow was the wet slushy stuff we are more used to. The forecast is for sunny and cold for the most of this next week and I did not want it to turn to ice on the driveway causing Ray or I to slip.

Not a bad day weatherwise until 4 pm when first it rained, then it snowed, back to rain and back to snow!

Monday, a beautiful but chilly day. I headed out into Duncan once it warmed up at 9:30am to pay for our deposit on our cruise..... yes a cruise, the first week of September to Alaska.  Hopefully this will include our daughter and son-in-law and our son and daughter-in-law. I have the booked for now but Garrett has to get his passport for the first time. lol This will be a test to see if Ray can handle cruising before we go longer and further afield. So excited. Ray and I are treating them to this trip with my Dad's life insurance money. A fitting way to spend it I think, all of us together.

Tuesday sunny and -7C Burrr. Nothing much to report ... just usual house stuff ... what used to take me an hour in the motorhome takes me considerably more time now. lol

Wednesday, cold and cloudy with possible snow later this afternoon and tonight. Yikes. Ray headed to Nanaimo for a doctor's appointment and lunch with Jason and his fly fishing's club luncheon. I stayed home and went through my freezer for meat that needed to be used. I came out with italian sausage, ground turkey and ground pork .... so I made a batch of homemade red pasta sauce (also threw in shredded carrots and zucchini to cover the veg!) which simmers for 4 hours, and mixed up a batch of Italian meatballs baked in the oven. Fresh pasta dough was also made to run through my mixmaster pasta attachment at dinner time for fresh noodles. An all day endeavor. Love my kitchen, my happy place. Ray will sure enjoy his dinner tonight.

Thursday, the snow forecasted overnight did not materialize here at the Lake. A little warmer this morning at -1C.  The sun made an appearance today, and temps actually got to 6C. I shopped in Duncan and Ray played in his man cave. Out for lunch at our favourite water hole ... and that was our day. Saw two motorhomes parked in the Walmart parking lot with the generators on to stay warm. I bet they wished they stayed south for a couple more weeks. lol

Friday, wow March 1st already!  Another clear cold day although it warmed up to 6C here at the lake. Ray and I took a drive into Chemainus to check out the antique store to see if they have an old library card stand that he could use for his bits and pieces. They did have one but for way too much money for something for his workshop. lol But we did find a framed Carl Brenders Print of a fox and her kits for a steal ... so we bought it. I am going to hang it in the window that is covered in our dining room. We never open up this blind anyways as you only see the side of the neighbours house and into their office window. So it will be a frame in a frame and I think it looks fabulous.

The fox and her kits.
That was our week. Okay spring you can come now!


7 comments:

  1. Being West of us I guess Spring will get to you first --- could you message and let me know when it arrives, so I don't miss it please?!!

    And whats the big idea? Going cruising without me?! Who does that to a friend?! LOL

    Writing a post tonight or tomorrow as things are being delayed here in regards to the Conservatory.

    And we're going to Duncan tomorrow for a few hours... call us if you have time for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain...snow...rain...snow! Crazy weather!
    The blinds look great! Nice to have another item checked off the list!
    A family cruise is a great idea, you'll all have a blast! Hope Ray likes and tolerates it well so you can enjoy more cruises!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it warms up for you soon! Love that fox print, that will look great in your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The temps are not scheduled to start warming up until March 15th! This could be the new normal though with climate change ... who knows.

      Delete
  4. So good to be down to the finishing touches! Can't wait to see the whole thing in person. Crazy weather year for sure, Edmonton area had the coldest February in the last 40 years!! So glad we weren't there lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to our meet up here at the lake in August.

      Delete