Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Sunday 15 September 2019

Back to Lake Cowichan

Back to reality ... yes I have to now do my own laundry ... sigh

Both Ray and I felt somewhat tired after our busier than usual week on the cruise. Ray's pain levels are up and my cold is still lingering on. Lots of lists being made with stuff to do before we leave in two weeks for the winter.

Monday the fridge repair guy showed up with the new part for the fridge. Fingers crossed it is fixed. I took Freya into the vet for sedation and a biopsy of her anal glands first thing this morning. Poor thing, when I picked her back up at 11am she was right out of it and her bladder let go on her mat in the car. It also happened in the house on her bed. She just couldn't seem to "wake up". More laundry, oh well. Hopefully she feels better tomorrow. Not interested in food and just meandering around lost. The results of the biopsy should be in later this week so we know what we are dealing with.

Started moving some things into the motorhome today and writing my lists of stuff still to do.

Yesterday, on my way to the store to pick up a few groceries, I noticed the A&W hot rod car and bike event so sent Ray down to take some pictures. It was well-attended and the rain showers held off until late afternoon.





A little music for the crowd.








The Cowichan Lake ATV Club showed up to give out information.





The old drive-in movie set up.






The rest of the day I spent putting a few more things into the motorhome and then we went out for dinner at Jakes at the Lake. The showers started around 6:30 pm for the rest of the evening.

Tuesday a cloudy but warm start to the day. We left for Nanaimo shortly before 8am for our doctor's appointment to get our prescriptions for the winter. A short stop at Jason and Kristi's to drop off a few things and pick up a bag of laundry I had left before the cruise that was forgotten in our haste to get back home on Saturday. Freya seems to be still out of sorts this morning but at least more with it. No more accidents. We were back home by noon and had a nap for an hour and a half ... shows we still are not feeling well as we never usually nap. Quiet night and in bed early. A little rainbow.



Wednesday, the only day forecasted not to rain for several days. Both Ray and I were kept busy moving things inside from the deck and the dock. I moved all my planters from the deck and hanging baskets ready for being taken to the compost. I gave Pat my neighbour, the best looking basket to enjoy as it still has lots of life. Ray and I moved all the strawberry plants under the side hedge so hopefully they will winter well there. (Of course the deer found the plants within two days). Jason will be taking my pepper plant that is producing like crazy. The deck is looking empty. 




Jason will be coming on Monday for a couple of days to help with the heavy lifting and pressure wash the sundeck for me so it is not as messy next spring.

Freya's results came back from the vet. She has an autoimmune disease causing perianal fistulas. Poor thing. Now we will be putting her on an expensive immunosuppressant drug in combination with an antifungal drug that should help with this problem. She will need to be on the drugs for a month and if things are looking good we will be able to slowly reduce her dose to maybe once or twice a week for maintenance with the hope that she can come off of all medication within 6 months. I will have to check in the vets on the road and get more medication as needed. A bit of a pain, but fortunately she does not have cancer.

Both Ray and I are still feeling tough from this cold we got from the cruise, hopefully we will be better this weekend as we have a lot to do.

Saturday, before the rain started, Ray and I managed to carry in a bunch of loads of stuff into the motorhome. Noticed that the fridge was not working properly ... frozen wall in the back of the freezer. It had been working fine the last 3 weeks that I've had it running. You could hear the fan and compressor trying to work. I turned it off so it would defrost and will check on it tomorrow. This may have occurred as the Motorhome is on a bit of a slant, and not level front to back. With it being an electric residential fridge I did not think it would be a problem. The fridge worked fine on our June trip for 2 weeks so fingers crossed this is all it is.

Once the rain began, we were off to Duncan to do a little shopping, have lunch and then came back home. I was pooped. Off for a nap for me. This cold is not letting go yet.

We awoke Sunday morning to showers. It rained pretty heavy all night. Freya had us up again for the 3rd night around 3am needing to throw up in the yard. Her stomach is not very happy right now. Hopefully the medication I get her started on Tuesday will make her feel better. I will try her on yogurt today that has been suggested.

Today will be a pretty quiet day, just some more stuff in the motorhome and ironing all of Ray's shirts from the cruise so I don't have them laying on the bed for 6 months. lol (Ray says thanks dear!)

A very quiet raining morning on the lake.

Roy's boat is put away for the winter too. Fall has come early I think.  So quiet and peaceful on the lake.  While "enjoying the moment" at the dock, Ray captured these three visitors going by.



That was our week at the lake.



3 comments:

  1. Hope you get rid of that cold soon! The deck is looking pretty empty! Good to get all that work done...lots to do before you head south! Sure hope Freya perks up, poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool car show! My favorites are the old trucks. Hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pics of the show& shine! Hope you feel better soon and Freya too, at least you know what's wrong now and can treat it. Exciting to get packed up and on the road!

    ReplyDelete