Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Monday 10 August 2020

August 4 to 9th Fun at the Lake

Tuesday, August 4th is the hottest day we will see for a week or so. After chores in the morning, Ray and I retired down to the dock to enjoy the afternoon. I even persuaded Ray to float in the water with me on our water loungers. 

I sent a message to Robyn to bring Amalia over for a dip in the lake as it was so hot. She arrived around 3:30 and stayed for almost an hour before Amalia decided she had enough. :) Ray and I watched under the umbrella on the small dock for social distancing. As of next Monday we are clear from Kristi's guests for fourteen days so we can get closer to Robyn and Amalia. 



We stayed down at the dock until about 4:30 before coming back up to the sundeck. For dinner I had some leftovers and I cooked the trout for Ray.


Hopefully we catch bigger ones soon. The boat is in getting the kicker motor installed and the Easy- Steer system so I can operate it from the steering wheel.

Wednesday morning woke up to a very windy day. It is supposed to rain tonight so I guess the wind is in front of the rain. Ray headed to Duncan to do some errands, while I caught up on our laundry. Looks like we won't need our bathing suits for a few days.

I decided to try a recipe I had seen on Facebook. Cornish Pasties, or hand pies as they are referred to. Amazingly they turned out fabulous. Kind of like a shepherds pie in a pastry you can pick up. Had two for lunch and two for dinner.


Also made a batch of chocolate chip cookies that Ray had requested. 

It was a breezy day so we mostly stayed up on the sundeck in the corner out of the wind. Later in the afternoon I received a message from Robyn asking if she could bring Amalia over for a dip in the lake. Ray and I moved down to the dock to watch and visit with them. What a cutie.



Thursday morning it was pouring rain when we got up. By 7:30 the sky was clearing and the sun was trying to come out. We took a drive over to the other side of the lake where there will be a new housing development. Ray and I have watched them clear the land for almost a year. Here is a picture of the artist rendering. We will see this directly across from us on the lake. 

Very small lots but you do get a boat slip with the house. The lots start at $169,900 but it is for a 99 year lease as this is on Native Reserve land.



While driving in I saw these 2 elk grazing right beside the road. They did not seem to concerned with me driving by.


The rest of the day we puttered around outside, Ray down on the beach and I was working a bit in my front garden as the rains mowed down a bunch of tall flowers so I had to stake them up. My flowers are doing well this year.


Friday morning still a bit breezy and cloudy with sun. Unfortunately some rain will happen later this afternoon but the ground and forests need it. 

Ray spent the morning in his shop and I did some gardening, pruning a bunch of plants that have grown wild over the summer. Managed to get my walk in as by 3 pm the forecast rain did begin so we were pretty much inside for the rest of the day. Boat should be ready to pick up tomorrow.

Saturday morning we picked up the boat, fueled it up and launched it. Ray piloted the boat back to our dock while I drove the car and trailer back to the house. It was a bit breezy but we were able to sit down at the dock in the afternoon. 

Our neighbours, June and Roy, invited us over for a spur of the moment get together with Pat and Darryl as well. We sat outside on their sundeck sampling several bottles of wine. A great few hours catching up.

Pat and Darryl

Roy and June

Sunday was the nicest day we have had in a while. Ray and I went fishing for a couple of hours. We did have one hit but maybe we will have better luck next time. lol Hardly anyone else near us. Fun times.


The new steering system for the kicker works well.

Today was warm enough to swim at 25C . Lots of activity on the lake. Houseboats coming in from their weekend, skiers etc. A great view sitting down on our dock.


That was our week. Hard to believe we are now going into the second week of August.

4 comments:

  1. The whole year is hard to imagine. Seems it was just January a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Lots of changes in all of our lives since last January.

      Delete
  2. Another great week at Kyle's Kottage! Glad you're enjoying enjoying time with neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great impromptu get together! Lots of wine. :)

      Delete