Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Monday 3 August 2020

August Long Weekend Fun with Kristi and Jason

Thursday, July 30th, I headed into Duncan early to get my grocery shopping done before it gets too busy with too many people. Kristi came down from Nanaimo early as well and I met up with her at the gate. Great timing. lol Jason had an appointment in Nanaimo Thursday afternoon and a golf game scheduled for Friday so he will come down Saturday morning.

A beautiful day and we spent most of it down on the dock as it was smoking hot out at 34 C. All of us in and out of the water including the dogs. About 4:30 we came up to the house and we had barbecued hamburgers for dinner. A quiet evening and into bed at 9 pm.



Friday morning Kristi and I headed back into Duncan for our scheduled pedicures. After that Kristi treated me to a take-out lunch at Breakfast on Third. Delicious sandwiches. Got back home about 12:30 where our fridge repair guy Alex was back to get our ice machine working. Still don't have a diagnosis, so I had to empty the fridge and completely turn it off for 24 hours in case one of the 7 lines are frozen. This will either fix it or he said a seal must be broken somewhere and that means a new fridge. What a pain. I did give it a good cleaning though since it was empty.


Saturday morning another gorgeous day. Kristi and I met up with her friend Robyn and little girl Amalia for a walk on the other side of town. Such a cute little girl at 20 months old.


Jason arrived at noon. After lunch we all moved down to the dock.


Robyn came back with Amalia so they could play in the water.



I started up the fridge, fingers crossed it will work making ice.

Kristi made us a wonderful dinner so Ray and I did the cleanup. Thanks sweetie.



After dinner we sat outside on the deck for awhile before all of us heading in to our own spaces. Another great day at the lake. At 9 pm  before going to bed, I started up the Traeger Grill and put on a beef brisket to smoke overnight. 

I checked on my phone a couple of times through the night to keep an eye on the internal temp. Everything moving along fine until 5 am.... it's done! 8 hours instead of 12! So at least it is ready for dinner tonight. I pulled it off and wrapped it up to rest and went back to bed. )

Sunday morning Jason and Ray went out fishing to try out the new downriggers. While they were gone Kristi and I just puttered around, the clouds came in and the wind continued. The boys came back "fishless" but it was quite windy so no point staying out there.



Also this weekend one of our neighbours floated in his new dock.




The afternoon turned out quite gloomy and breezy so I made pizza for lunch. Kristi went down for a nap, then Ray decided to have a short nap while Jason played his video game.  I sat out on our deck reading. 

We had Brisket Beef with dip for dinner and then watched a movie from Netflix. Another great day.

Monday woke to clouds with some blue sky. The wind has finally stopped. The plan is for the boys to go out fishing for a bit and then pull the boat as it's going in tomorrow to have the new kicker bracket and kicker installed. We are having the fuel line plumbed into our big gas tank.

The guys called me at 10 am on their way back, so off I went towing the boat trailer to the boat launch to meet them. We handle the whole thing pretty slick. Ray even caught his first trout with the new setup. Big enough for the fry pan tonight, about 10 inches. lol



Back home Ray and I washed the boat and car to get all of the lake gunk off the boat. Next up, Jason helped Ray with a project in the workshop.  He showed Ray how to clamp and glue the workbench top (it's a known Christmas gift for Jason). After lunch of leftovers, Jason was on his way back home with the dogs. Good timing as it started to rain. It did not take very much time for the boats on the lake to stop racing around. I guess everyone will now pack up wet stuff after the weekend.

Fridge update ... after 48 hours I have a total of about 24 ice cubes! So the fridge is not working correctly. The temp in the bottom freezer is -1 C as it was set and the inside above is at 35 C as was set so ????

A great two weeks of fun. Will miss having them here. :)






5 comments:

  1. I keep waiting for the picture of Ray holding up a lunker and I finally got to see it....well, at least it was a fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha ... well there are big ones out there as I've seen pictures but at least he did not lose any gear. lol

      Delete
  2. More quality time with Kristi and Jason! Darned fridge...I think they should send you a replacement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long with the new fridge take to deliver? Jeesh you guys have no luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they are going to replace a fan first to see if that fixes it ... when? I'm still waiting for an answer for time. I can use the fridge though as the freezer is working and the upper fridge part is staying cold, it's just not generating ice. So it is still a waiting game.

      Delete