Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Sunday 2 June 2024

May showers brings Junes Flowers, at least I hope so! May 26 - June 2nd

Sunday's cloudy with some showers that ended late morning. With some beef short ribs to cook and Ray's suggestion of Short Rib Ragu over pasta, I took a while to cook but it turned out delicious. Kept me busy.


The weather for the rest of this week is wet, wet, wet. A good forecast to help with the forest fires in the north and help us keep our forests damp down here. Not the most pleasant for us though. We were supposed to go with the kids for a family camp at Salmon Point for a week starting this weekend. Glad we're not going with all the rain forecast. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel too. Not much fun in a small trailer with a new puppy and Amelia trying to stay dry.

Wednesday I headed up to Nanaimo to get the hitch put in the new car. Jason picked me up at 10 from Mid Island Trailer and Hitches. I took him out for an early lunch and then we did some shopping for Ray for car washing stuff at Canadian Tire. 

The landscaping at Jason and Kristi's is getting close to completion, with the sod going down today.




We were just back home at Jason's and got the call they finished the car at noon. Back to pick up my car and then back to Jason's to pick up our utility trailer and pressure washer to take back to the lake. I arrived home at 2 pm.  It isn't raining at Jason's, but it is of course for me unloading the car, lol.

Thursday is mostly cloudy with sunny breaks. We kept hoping to sit outside but it's too cool. Finally at 3, we sat out on the deck with the heaters on. Ray did a little work on our front mini irrigation system, climbing up a 3 step. That's his exercise for the day, stairs. 


Meanwhile, I spent the morning doing laundry and prepping my Beef Wellington dinner. It turned out fabulous. Ray's a happy guy.

Prepped and ready for it's cover of puff pastry. Prosciutto, mushroom duxelle and dijon mustard.


It turned out beautiful.

Garlic mashed potatoes, parmesan asparagus, tomato salad with gremolata (mashed herbs from my garden) as sides to the main event ... Beef Wellington with mushroom gravy.


Friday morning, we woke to a beautiful sunny morning. We'll enjoy it, as it apparently is the last one for several days. Forecast predicts a cooler moist pattern for the first week of June.


We will be having grey showery days from Saturday to next Wednesday before the weather changes to hot and sunny. We both did a little gardening. I really like the look of my garden now that the bushes are pruned.


This guy constantly pecks at our woodstove chimney in the yard. Fortunately we don't hear him while we are sleeping ...  I even tied some small metal plates to discourage him but it didn't work.


Finally had my hair appointment and got my short summer "look" done. Feels so much better.


My garden is producing some beautiful flowers for cutting, peonies and iris's.


Saturday, back to grey skies and some drizzle first thing and then just cloudy for the rest of the day. Ray's out pruning the top of our lilac bush now that it's finished blooming. I spread some more grass seed in some "bald spots" on the back lawn and top dressed them with topsoil to keep the birds from eating it. Next it's into the front garden for some more pruning as I realized a couple of my sprinkler heads are buried under the bottom branches of a couple of shrubs. The yard is coming together.

As I mentioned earlier, Kristi, Jason and Amelia are supposed to go to Salmon Point for our Family Camp that we cancelled for us this year. However, Amelia got sick with a fever and is throwing up. She always seems to get sick on Kristi's holidays. With that and the forcasted rain, they decided to stay home. If she feels better and no one else gets sick, they could come down for a visit.

Ray finished my hat "wall art". Yes I have a lot of hats. lol


Jason took Amelia earlier this week to the bike store and had her scooter tricked out with tassles, a basket and a new dinosaur helmet.


Amelia and Olaf are great buddies.


That's our week.




1 comment:

  1. Oh my, those meals look and sounds delicious! Sounds like you are getting your yard into tip top condition! Kristi and Jason's yard is looking great too. Nice summer "do" 👍

    ReplyDelete