Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Sunday 17 December 2017

Barleen's Dinner Christmas Show and Deb fly's home early to Vancouver

December 16th, 2017

Yesterday morning I received the news from my Dad's full-time caregiver, that my Dad is back in hospital at Vancouver.  He had been taken by ambulance to the hospital as he had passed out and was having great difficulty breathing. Ray and I were already scheduled to fly home for Christmas on December 21st. With the great help of WestJet they changed up my ticket with only less than 24 hours notice and I was on the 2pm flight back to Vancouver.

Once all the changes in the reservations were made, Steve and Dianne came over for a little happy hour. Ray got a couple pictures as the sun set.



This morning Ray drove me to the airport early as I was just ready to go.  My dad does have Congestive Heart Failure but this episode was a little unexpected with the build-up of fluid around his lungs. Ray will be flying home as scheduled on the 21st so we shall see what is next. The plan is that they will get rid of the fluid with medication and send him home ... don't know if that will be possible if he cannot walk???

Onto better stuff. I'd booked tickets for Steve and Dianne and us for Barleen's Dinner Show for tonight ... unfortunately I could not go but the rest of them did and had a blast. I will let Ray take over the blog for now...

Okay over to me.  Steve, Dianne and I arrived there 45 minutes before dinner and as usual the chocolate cake in front of us beckoned to be eaten.  It was an easier decision for me as Deb's cake also sat there.  I decided to have her meal now, but Barleens also offered to provide a boxed meal for me to take home.  The meal consisted of roast beef, chicken, pork sparerib, mashed potatoes and gravy with carrots and a bun.  Everything was perfect.  Also with Deb's piece of cake for dessert.... I was very, very full at the end.

Barleen's motto "Life is unpredictable, eat your cake first"

After a bit of a rest, the show got started and what a show.  The songs/comedy were similar to last year with the addition of one of the daughters performing Santa Baby (she did an excellent job).  It was a night of lovely entertainment.  My pictures from the phone are kind of fuzzy but here they are.


Just love the sax player Paul's hair.... ya it's not a wig.

Their Mr. Grinch number with funky glasses on



Thanks Steve and Dianne for your company.... and for the beer!  I'm sure we'll be back.  As Steve commented it would be nice to see one of their Old Time Rock and Roll shows.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Dad, Deb. Our best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Looks like a fun show Ray. Hope you behave yourself with Deb away. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been waiting for "the call" ever since we crossed into the USA this year. He has congestive heart failure and it is a matter of time ... could be months or days but we don't think he see another Christmas after this one. So far he is improving and should be home for Christmas. Fingers Crossed.

      Delete
  2. The show certainly looked like a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an awesome evening! So sorry you had to leave us Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a great show at Barleens we went with QV-RV .... have enjoyed having Freya we hiked miles together on the desert trails along with other dogs we looked after over xmas had happy hour with Ray at QV tonite and sad to see him leave in the morningsee you both on Vanc Is in the summer

    ReplyDelete