Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Thursday 19 July 2018

The final visti to Dad's in Surrey

Monday morning, July 16th,  I was on the ferry at 7:45 am to Vancouver. I left Ray and Freya at home as it was so hot out and it would be too uncomfortable for Ray.

Mission:

Meet Dad's stepdaughter Tricia and her husband Jim at 11 am, so she could get her mom's stuff out of the house and head back to Winnipeg before her next paramedic shift. So it was a bit of a rush. I had to drive to 3 different stores to get a waste management bag. Everyone else must be cleaning out their garages as everyone was out of them. I started to throw out the last of the garbage and put some things on the roadside. Tricia and Jim treated me to lunch at the White Spot before heading out on their trip back home. I drove them in my car so they did not have to try and manoeuvre their rig. They came in their new 3 stall horse trailer with a camper. A fabulous unit that is definitely multi-purpose.


When I got back from lunch, everything I had put out on the roadside was already gone in an hour!

I threw a few more things into the bagster bag and then headed out to Coquitlam to have dinner with my Uncle Ken and Aunt Norma. My cousin Gord and his wife Suzanne managed to meet up with us as well at the John B Pub.

Uncle Ken and Me

Suzanne, Aunt Norma and Gord
After dinner it was back to Ken and Norma's for dessert. My cousin Pam had brought over a fresh baked blueberry pie earlier in the afternoon. Yum. We ended up sitting out on their sundeck for an hour as it was a balmy 31C and they do not have air conditioning!. We all positively wilted. Fortunately for Ken and Norma, they have a window airconditioner in their bedroom. I was downstairs so it was not as bad but I still stole some frozen water bottles to sleep with to prevent overheating. lol

Tuesday it was back to Dad's to meet the movers that were picking up the kids furniture, a bedroom suite to go to Squamish and the dining room suite to go to Nanaimo. Larny, my dad's caregiver, stopped by to confirm what stuff she wanted and would pick up on Saturday when she cleaned the house for the last time. I had the movers take the old desk and stereo stand to the roadside as it was too heavy for me. Once Larny was done, I put the last of the stuff in the bagster and that should be the last time I have to go to Surrey ... I hope. The new owners take possession August 29th.




Done, done and done!

Managed to make the 12:45 pm ferry back, I was one of the last 4 cars loaded into the bowels of the ship, squeezed in amongst the large trucks. Made it home by 3:30. What a whirlwind trip. Ray took me out for dinner at Jake's on the Lake as I was bushed.  Ray by he way,  was tired and sore from being so busy on Friday, so he took the opportunity to do nothing while I was gone.  He didn't even leave the house unless to walk the dog.

Update!!!

You are not going to believe it!!!! Received a call from my realtor at Dad's place. The bagster bag with all the last of the junk was stolen! Ryan was at the house this morning and the Waste Management truck showed up to pick up .... no bag and half of what was in the bag is dumped out into the yard!!! OMG.  Ryan said he would get another bag and pick up the stuff once I have an exact date for the pick-up. Bagster was kind enough not to charge me for a second pick-up. What a pain. I sure owe my realtor a huge thank you. He has checked the house twice a week and taken out the garbage cans and brought them back in for 2 months. Hopefully this next "pick-up" will go smoothly.

That's the bag that was stolen!

1 comment: