Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Tuesday 3 August 2021

Happy Birthday to me! July 25 -July 30

Sunday we arrived back home from Victoria by 11:00 am. An uneventful drive home before the Sunday traffic got too bad. :) Other than getting the neighbours to move their companies cars out of the way in the cul-de-sac, backing in the MH after that went quickly. After a quick trip back into Country Grocer for some items and lunch, we spent an hour emptying a few things before retiring into our chairs on the sundeck for the afternoon. We will level the coach tomorrow and put the slides out to empty everything else. Again, it was too windy to sit on the dock. 

Monday, July 26th ... Happy Birthday to me!  Another warm but breezy day. Geeez...

We were busy first thing before Kristi, Jason, Amelia and Theo arrived. We moved the old barbecue off the sundeck and moved in the new one from the garage to the sundeck. We needed to make room for the boat trailer in the garage. My birthday present! It took Ray quite some time to assemble this, sparing his back by doing a little each day. If we lived on the lower mainland, Johnstone Barbecue would have assembled and delivered it. I tried to get this on the island, but was told none were available for them until next summer. My old barbecue is going to Jason and Kristi as there really is nothing wrong with it as I recently purchased new grills for it, but I wanted more "bells and whistles". lol When they told me they needed to get another barbecue my decision was made. :)

Kristi, Jason and Amelia arrived about 9:30 am.

My Baby's Baby and me! Best birthday present. Look at those eyes and rosy cheeks.



 Once there, Jason helped Ray get our boat finally launched. Then Ray moved the motorhome to the road, so the boat trailer could be put into the garage until the fall. Then Ray moved the motorhome back into the driveway and levelled it so I could open the slides, to continue emptying it later this week. :) An hour or so of activity before we could relax. 

Shortly after, Kristi's friend Theo, arrived to also spend the day. We all sat on the sundeck for awhile and at noon hotdogs were on the menu. For me it was baby time while they tidied up after lunch.


Of course the "star" of the show. :)

Time for Amelia to get into the water again. So cute.



Too windy to sit on the dock, so Ray and I set up the shade shelter on the lawn so we could be out of the wind but still have our view.

Kristi and Theo went for a kayak ride, while Amelia played on her blanket on the ground in front of us and eventually fell asleep for her nap. We had her on a couple of dog mats and it was a bit of a problem telling the dogs (3) that it was not for them. lol The girls had a brief swim after paddling as it was quite warm going with the wind.

Zeus trying to go with his mommy. lol









Smiling for Grandpa

Ray, Theo and Kristi

Again Grandpa making Amelia giggle

Ray took them all out for a short boat ride. Again, me and Amelia chilled in the shade. Best birthday present ever!


Happy Baby with Aunty Theo


At 4:30 we all headed up to the house so the kids could make my special dinner. Again, I got my baby time which of course makes my day. :)

My personal chefs. lol

Jason introducing Amelia to her first bites of food. She was a fan. lol

After dinner, we had Boston Cream Cake for my birthday. At 7 pm it was time for everyone to hit the road and get Amelia home to bed. A most fabulous day.

I was also sent birthday greetings from my other granddaughter, Stella. She sure is growing.


Tuesday, I did some chores ... tons of laundry from the MH etc. We did manage to sit down on the dock finally as it was not too windy for once. Ray was pretty sore after a week of being very busy so it was a down day for him. I did use my new barbecue making dinner ... love it!!!!

Wednesday another gorgeous day. Alerts came up on my phone ... heat warning. The rest of the week is supposed to be smoking hot. Thank goodness we are here on the lake. After Ray did a quick run into Duncan for a few things, while I carried on with the laundry from the motorhome, we were able to spend the rest of the afternoon down on the dock swimming. It ended up 30C with very little wind. You know it's hot when Ray goes into the water more than once. lol



Lots of boat traffic on the lake, especially for a week day.


And then were heard this really weird noise coming down the lake .... an inflatable airboat. Who knew they even made such a thing!


With this heat my Tiger Lily finally bloomed in the front garden. The other ones were munched by the deer earlier this summer so I only one stock bloomed.


Thursday, a repeat of the past two days. lol Temps topped out at 32C. The lake is much busier with the heat, so I am guessing a lot of people are on holidays.

Friday, shaping up to be another stinker of a day. At 6 am still warm out at 15C to start. Ray did some sanding down on the dock to eliminate splinters, and worked on fixing some micro irrigation in the front planters. The waterline on one of them is pinched and the run is too long and not getting sufficient water so he moved it closer to the source. :)

I did a quick shop at the Country Grocer in preparation for our company tomorrow. Wow it was busy in town! The river is full of tubers at noon as well. I also emptied and cleaned out the hot tub. It needed a water refill and as we are on water restrictions, I made the decision to leave it empty until September. It really has been too hot to use it anyways.

By 1pm we were installed down at the dock. Lots of traffic on the lake being the Friday of the long weekend. It sure is hot topping out at 34C. Even the little breeze was hot. Needless to say we were in and out of the water.

Looking forward to Malc and Kathy visiting for a couple of days tomorrow. :)



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, looks like you had a great day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday! Lots of good times at the lake!

    ReplyDelete