Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Glowing Wild Lantern Display, Redding CA

Saturday 9 May 2020

May Day

Friday, May 1st.

The sun finally came out to play!

Friday morning .... blue sky with some clouds. Hopefully we see the sun today. Freya is pretty ticked at the weather and not being able to stay outside for most of the day.

Today's project will be more of the same... masks for me and planters for Ray. I may get out the rest of the deck furniture just to get it out of the garage. :)

Change of plans .... As it turned out the weather was pretty good. Only day without rain forecasted for some days so I decided to wash off the deck, scrub the lattice screen and get the rest of the furniture out instead of sewing. I will have days of rain to do that starting tomorrow. lol

I also made a quick trip into town to pick up a parcel at the post office, some stuff at the pharmacy and some groceries at Country Grocer. I decided to make pizza for lunch, Ray and I sat outside in the front of the house "garden room" with our lunch for an hour as it was quite windy out in the back of house. By 3pm the wind calmed down, and although cloudy, we moved onto the deck and sat in the chairs we had dug out of the garage and enjoyed another hour or so before coming in for the night. It was great to be able to sit outside again after several days of inclement weather. Of course all the chair cushions had to be put away when we came in as forecasted the rain began around 6pm and poured all night.

Saturday, May 2nd

Definitely an inside day ... raining again. The weather report for the week has improved though. We should see quite a few sunny breaks with the odd shower for the next four days after today. Great planting weather.

Spent about  hours upstairs sewing masks. Not a bad view from up in the loft.


I had noticed that I had strained something in my back this morning and it kept getting worse all day. By night time I was in full muscle spasm mode ... very painful and ended up sleeping in my laz-y-boy chair for the night. Hopefully it releases tomorrow.

Sunday, May 3rd

Feeling a little better. Boy did it rain last night. It was just teaming down on and off all night. Woke up to lighter skies though so hopefully a better day. Nope that was just a tease, it poured on and off all day. Just when you thought you were going to see some sun ... 5 minutes later another squall would come through. Finally it quit and the sun did come out around 4:30 so we were able to sit on the back deck for half an hour.

My back was not too bad all day until night time. spasmed again and I spent the night in my chair. The ibuprofen is bothering my stomach so I opted not to take it .... mistake. So back on the pills and heating pad for Monday. Other than that, same old, same old here at Kyle's Kottage.😊

On the upside with all of the rain, our lake is full to capacity and running over top of the weir so we should not have any water issues this summer.

Monday morning very foggy but the rain has quit at least for now. I spent most of the day with a heating pad and Ray played in his shop. I cooked a beer can chicken on the traeger. It turned out great.

Tuesday Ray took Freya to the vet. The reduction of her Atopica apparently was too much and she has an infected anal gland again. A sample was sent out for culture and when they get the results they will call us to pick up the correct antibiotic for her. Dr. Wiley told us to put her back up to 75 mg per day instead of the 50 I had got her down to. Managed to sit outside for a little while in the front this afternoon before the big clouds rolled in. That was our day.

Wednesday, it rained on and off all night. My back spasmed muscle is finally starting to release so not is as much pain. It will be a few days yet before it gets back to normal. I see a hot tub in my future today. After having the hot tub I was able to sit upstairs and sew a few more masks. Ray managed to get some grass seed on the bald spots in the lawn. He had been having Freya help him scratching at the moss patches for the past month so had bare dirt to seed. She is a great moss killer. lol The sun finally came out in the afternoon so we could sit outside for a while in the front of our house. The wind was quite brisk on the lake with white caps. I did manage to get upstairs in the loft and sew a few more masks.

Thursday, a gorgeous warm day forecasted. Yeah, it will be nice to spend more time outside.I managed to spend some time sewing this morning on my mask project and Ray drove into Duncan for a few supplies. The afternoon was spent outside on the lawn enjoying the views of the lake. Not much else ... Ray had brought home some beef ribs on sale at Thrifty's so into the InstantPot they went. Yum.



Keeping an eye on the excavation going on across the lake in preparation for building houses/condos. Tons of dirt being removed by dump truck daily. The development will be nicely screened, I think, by the trees they left along the roadside.



That was our week. Great weather in the forecast for the next few days.







3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of rain! At least your grass seed should grow quickly and fill in. Stay dry and safe up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your back is sore from the mask production line lol. You're probably hunched over the machine workin' like Cinderella. More break time enjoying the beautiful view to the lake. Stay safeand healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful view from your sewing room...sorry about your back, though. Glad it's getting better.

    ReplyDelete